189

seems like all i do as of late is hurt.

it's very apt how the word "hurt" can refer to an action i perform, and 
the state of my own heart.


i am the wolf king and he's the falcon.
he won't know what that means.

as i drift away from one friend and grow closer to another, it feels like so much is changing.  i feel like there's some sort of metaphor for how i feel.  is it like a caterpillar?  am i the caterpillar?  going through the changes, the cracks in the skin, the growing, the stretching, the pain, but becoming a beautiful thing in the end?  if so, where is my beauty?  am i halfway in between?  some sort of mutant?  confused, hurting, unsure?

my heart is torn between love for one and obligation to another.  "death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."  i'd read that sentence many times before the meaning occurred to me.  death is easy, but living with pain is many times harder.  
i've always wanted to be as strong as i pretend to be.  maybe if i keep lifting that mountain, i'll be able to fit the person i want to be.

one day i know i'll understand why all this is happening, but for now i'm desperately confused and angry at myself.  

one day.  one day.  the phrase drums through my head, beating a tattoo in my impressionable mind and emotions.  

one day.  

one day.

--7.31.17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

314

292

318